What Type Of Work Will You Do In A Computer Security Career?
Your duty is to make sure that the computer system of a company, organization, or firm is secure from break-ins, hacking attempts, and security holes in the network, servers, and databases.
Tasks you may be responsible for are to:
What Education Will Prepare You For A Computer Security Specialist Career?
- Train company personnel in safe computer operation
- Make sure that passwords and computer security firewalls are operating correctly
- Develop and implement actions to secure files from unauthorized viewing or use
- Monitor and cure computer systems that may be infected with viruses or Trojan horse programs
- Install anti-virus programs as needed
- Analyze status of security and take actions to improve computer defense
- Document and develop computer security guidelines for users
- Evaluate company hardware and software in order to gauge security strengths and weaknesses
Some employers expect a bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems from job candidates as the minimum requirement. Other employers accept an associate's degree or technical training in computers.
The First Line Of Defense
Computers are used in virtually every business, company or organization. The need for security is primary to the safety of data and individuals. If you want to be on the frontlines of defense, consider a career as a computer security specialist.
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer