What Will You Do In A Computer Service Technician Career?
Computer Service Technicians work in a variety of roles that help companies, firms, and individuals to maintain, upgrade, and repair computers. They communicate with clients and diagnose hardware problems in order to determine the best course of action for a quick and timely solution.
Other duties may also include:
What Education Is Needed For A Computer Service Technician Career?
- Installation, upgrading, or removal of computer operating systems and software
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning software programs
- Assist in computer security by making sure applicable anti-virus programs and firewalls are working properly
- Maintain and configure computers for basic networking
- Fabricate basic parts for use in the repair of computers
- Field questions about computer operation and software features
Employers look for individuals with a solid background and understanding of computers. Some community colleges offer two-year associates degrees in computer technology, while universities and colleges offer bachelor's degrees in computer science.
Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), ComTia A+ Certification (A+), and other certification programs are required for some positions.
A good computer service technician will have good communication skills, exceptional problem solving skills, the ability to write clearly, basic knowledge of electronics, and the ability to work well with others.
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer